Saturday, August 11, 2012

A quick trip to San Diego

There are so many pictures I have taken, but have not felt like blogging or editing pictures lately. Carl begged me to get San Diego pictures up so I am complying... I think he meant facebook, but I don't like posting my pictures directly on Facebook.

Anyway this past week the Cubs were playing at Petco Park and Carl really wanted to check out the park and head to the kids area with the boys. I didn't bring my camera that day, but it was definitely a fun outing. We drove up to San Diego around 11 am, and went to the hotel. From there were caught a train to the stadium. Elliot was so happy about the train ride, afterwards he gave Carl a HUGE hug and said "Daddy thank you for taking me on the train." At three he is much more train obsessed than his brother and is in awe everytime he takes a train ride.

The game itself was fun. Sitting in the picnic area is a little annoying because the view is partially blocked, but the amenities more than make up for it. If you buy bleacher seats you kid can play in the sand in front of you while you watch the game, but there is no shade so on a hot day like our game day it wasn't worth it. Also we purchased obscured seats so we just sat on the grass. In the picnic area they have a playground, a baseball field the kids can play on and tons of grass to just run around on. My kids made it about 7 innings before we finally took them to the playground and then they never wanted to leave. They were having so much fun with the other kids. All around it was a very successful baseball game and we're thinking of making this an annual trip when the Cubs are in town.

The next day we were going to SeaWorld and a friend of mine who was in San Diego for a couple days with her family and some friends actually spent the day with us. Besides it always nice when your kids have playmates at a place like Seaworld....

Here are the pictures from that day. Not much to really report, but it was a fun day and the kids enjoyed themselves.


120809IMG_5552

120809IMG_5555

120809IMG_5556

120809IMG_5557

120809IMG_5558

120809IMG_5562

120809IMG_5564

120809IMG_5567

120809IMG_5570

120809IMG_5572

120809IMG_5577

120809IMG_5580

120809IMG_5584

120809IMG_5587

120809IMG_5588

120809IMG_5589

We ended the day a bit early because it was so hot at SeaWorld and the boys were cranky from not napping. Instead we headed to the pool at our friends hotel and then dinner. Afterwards we headed straight home. We had to make it a quick trip due to Erik needed to meeting his kindergarten teacher and the last expensive swim lesson of the season. We definitely felt like there was so much more we could do and will extend the trip next time. It ended way too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.