Saturday, February 5, 2011

A day off

For Christmas we always do a gift exchange by drawing names out of a hat so we buy for just one person instead of 15, then buying for my kids are optional. They are the only children in the family now so almost everyone gets them something. Well my mother-in-law got my name this year and purchased me a spa day in a city about 40 minutes away. A bit of a hassle, until out comes the second half, she will take my kids and watch them for me while I go to my appointment. The spa was in between our two houses. For a whole month we couldn't coordinate, but last week it finally came, a day off.

This spa was cute, but definitely a one-time coupon deal thing. They mix eastern medicine with their spa techniques. Along with my 90 minute massage I got a acupressure facelift and paraffin on my hands and feet. Definitely felt pampered that day. I think the last massage I had was when I was pregnant with Elliot.



Afterwards I got to have lunch with a friend and her three-week old son, no pictures there. So it was just a nice afternoon of lots of relaxation and no kids; newborns who sleep through lunch don't count. Reluctantly I had to head over to my in-laws house and help watch my kids. We were staying for dinner and I got there at 3 pm so we had a lot of of time to kill. I don't have time for the whole story right now, but I thought it might be fun to just share some of my favorite photos from that day.

Elliot is obsessed with sitting on rocks and his brother often likes to join him.





We went to a neighbors to borrow baking powder, so here are the boys walking up grandma and grandpa's driveway.



Elliot throwing a tantrum because Grandma took off with Erik and stopped holding his hand. This is as bad as the terrible twos get for us honestly.


The boys stopped to sit on another rock so I took the opportunity for some update portraits. Just fun to have these occasionally. Might facebook the one of me and the boys if I remember to add it one of these days.





Sometimes you just need to stop and smells the roses, literally.




Baking has becoming such a big part of our life and Grandma likes to encourage Erik's cooking skills so we stopped to bake some oatmeal cookies. Maybe chocolate chips for fit the cliche a little better.


The family tradition is to have dinner at Ojai pizza, and this day we stopped at the park first. I wanted to capture some golden hour light and some additional photos for Elliot's picture book I will be creating in the next month.






 

Then we headed to dinner and the light was gone and our pictures were over, but it was a fun day and we are still talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.