Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The boys meet their cousin

How is this for timing, the weekend before Lydia is born Elliot came down with hand, foot and mouth. Pretty much delaying and making it impossible to meet his new niece until he had time to recover. They were so excited and we kept seeing Uncle Glenn, but they couldn't see Lydia. Elliot would blurt things out randomly like "I love my baby cousin" or "I don't like babies, but I love my baby cousin" and mention that he wanted his rash to go away so he could see her. Erik predictably wasn't very interested, but Elliot was obsessed. He really wanted to meet his first cousin.

So last Sunday between activities we stopped by for a very quick visit. On the way there each boy decided they wanted to sign Lydia a song. Elliot sang "Lullabye" and Erik chose "Twinkle, Twinkle." Erik pretty much got bored with Lydia and moved on to find his toys or play outside and Elliot stayed obsessed watching her almost every single second. Very interesting that I have two boys with two very different reactions. I think Elliot is realizing he isn't the youngest anymore and has made several comments about that.

120506IMG_4111

120506IMG_4113

120506IMG_4114

120506IMG_4116

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.