Monday, November 12, 2012

{Sneak Preview} The Isabella Kids

Today one was an interesting day and I don't try this often unless I know the family pretty well. I went on a photo session with both kids in tow. We met at a local park and the goal was to get Christmas pictures of Vivian and Lochlan together and separately for their holiday card. We wanted some posed, some posed together and some playing at the park. We accomplished all of the above.

Vivian is a 5 year old who LOVES dance and you can see it in so many of her poses. She is obviously a natural at this stuff. Lochlan is very much a two year old boy with a mind of his own. He had very strong opinions of what he didn't want today like all two year olds, but we tried our best to negotiate. Along with my two boys, 5 and 3 and we had a bunch of energy for the 5 and under crowd. Luckily my boys behaved very well and Erik was even my photo assistant and held my reflector for me for a couple of the spots. I might have to bring my little man again sometime.

Here are some of the posed shots of the lovely Vivian.

121112IMG_7233  121112IMG_7255

I had to follow Lochlan around today a lot to get him with just the right look, but when I snapped that picture he was insanely photogenic.

121112IMG_7268  121112IMG_7238

121112IMG_7234

The the trick, trying to get a 2 year old boy who just wants to be playing with sticks and not taking pictures to pose with his sister who is more than willing. Mom helped, and we got some.

121112IMG_7236

121112IMG_7262

121112IMG_7330

Then we called it a day and just had a "playdate" at the park with all the kids to get some natural action shots. My kids were in the way most of the time, and Elliot and Vivian surprisingly hit it off, but they had a good time and kept trying to get me to take a picture of all the kids. The only success "group" shot I got were of the 5 year olds.

121112IMG_7297

121112IMG_7333

121112IMG_7316  121112IMG_7302-Edit

121112IMG_7335

Then some fun outtake. Photo #1, my favorite spot but couldn't get both smiling at the same time and Lochlan and the boys only gave me a chance to shot off one frame. Photo #2, pretending they are Superman. Photo #3, not sure what they didn't like but the only double pout I got. Its pretty cute.

121112IMG_7351

121112IMG_7322

121112IMG_7320

I was very happy their mother called me to photograph these two great kids. We had our challenges, but it was a fun afternoon and there were some great images from it.

If you want to learn more about my photography or talk to me about taking pictures for your special event please visit www.heathergotlieb.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.