Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gadgets

I am addicted to gadgets. Electronic gadgets, organization gadgets, exercise gadgets, if you can come up with it I might try it. I really do struggle to stay in the loop, organized, and fit so they gadgets do improve my life, right? I actually wonder sometimes if I would be so into gadgets, especially the electronic kind if I wasn't married to Carl. He is the ultimate collector and he has passed that passion/curse on to me. So I thought I would share my two most recent gadgets.



My latest is this treadmill I got about 2 months ago. This one is very frustrating for me because I really do want to use it everyday and have intentions of doing so. It actually sat around for almost a month before I figured out how to use it while I had kids around. Then one day a friend was over and she clued me in on her dirty little secret, baby gates. Well duh, I didn't even think about it I could gate the entire thing, stick Erik in front of the tv, sit Elliot in front of some toys and then run my butt off. The first week I did great, running 5 times, the next I did 4 times, then Elliot started teething and I haven't touched it for the last two weeks. I just get too tired to run even though I know if I sleep I will have more energy. I am very frustrated with myself because I have 20 lbs left to loose of this baby weight, but maybe tomorrow will come and I will sleep for a month straight, I will have an easy toddler and all the stars will align and I will keep using this machine. For the record though, Carl has yet to even try it.



Within the same month I actually picked up this new gadget. I felt really silly buying this one because Elliot is almost done eating baby food, but I was getting really tired of the jar mess in my pantry. This cool gadget will hold 24 jars and hardly take up any space. I swear I am going to keep Elliot on baby food a little longer just so I can use this thing. I just wish I could find gagets to help me keep the rest of the pantry organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.