Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Babies Are Growing Up

Erik is very fortunate. When he was 3 months old I started taking him regularly to a mommy & me class. Of course in the beginning the class was mostly for me, but one of the benefits is that Erik has had the same group of friends since before he can remember. Erik and these girls have grown up together and shared many first and many memories. Unfortunately he is the only guy in the group, but that doesn't seem the stop him too much and he absolutely adores all of his friends and talks about them all the time.

Well when we were first starting to go out together and became friends we all took the kids to a playdate at the zoo. It was one of the first time I was out with this group of girls who have all become really good friends.

Well today we had our usual playdate and I had a great opportunity to retake this photo almost 2 years later. In the original photo one of the girl is no longer an active member in our lives, but we have add an additional friend and her daughter is in this photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.