Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Swingset is FINALLY Here

The process of getting the swingset was a really long one for us. We didn't just decide to get one some random day. Actually I have been bugged about getting a swingset for the boys since we lived in our old house on Myers, but I didn't want to get on there because we thought we might be moving. Guess that was a right decision...

I digress. So in order to get this swingset we had to have grass or something to put it on. We opted for grass even with all the different suggestion we had from helpful people. So we had to landscape our entire yard and redo the entire sprinkler system which I posted about in the past. Then we had to wait for the grass to grow in since we opted for seed instead of sod. So here we are 1.5 months after planting that grass seed the swingset is here. We ordered it as soon as we planted the grass seed, but they were slow on the production line which was totally fine with us. We had the time to wait.

Well Erik on the other hand has no concept of time or the grass growing in and knew he was getting a swingset and knew it was coming soon, but that was about it. He has been talking about it ever since we went to the store to buy it and has been saying constantly "Grandma got me a swingset." 

Fast forward to this morning. I actually knew that the set was scheduled to arrive today, Carl even had the time blocked off on his work calendar, but we never got a confirmation phone call so I didn't think it was coming this morning and had Carl call in to see when it was coming. Well as soon as he called the crew came with the set. I guess they don't give reminder call it is just scheduled when you order it. I totally forgot he said it to me when I ordered it, good thing I was ready regardless. Thank goodness for my new calendaring system because I am actually organized now. So all morning Erik watched and waited patiently inside while they assembled this thing.



Mid way through assembly we were concerned about the positioning and need Erik's assistance to try out the slide. We have to make some modifications to our yard, but it works for now. Definitely not perfect. Then about 20 minutes after testing it out for us Erik was able to go outside and play. Unfortunately I have no pictures of Elliot. He did play on the swing for a bit, but he is sick and crabby and only wanted me to hold him so there was no way of getting pictures. I am sure he will have lots of fun with it in the future.


 



I thought for sure Erik would say his favorite new thing was the bench of his swing set. He just was having so much fun sitting there with daddy and having a snack of Elmo Crackers there. He has also been talking about this bench a lot for some reason.



When he had to stop playing and eat lunch I was asking him his new favorite activity on his swing set and got a strong answer of swings. I am totally not surprised since swings are his favorite on the playground. I just have to push him all the time which is annoying when I would rather be pulling weeds in my garden.

  

He did enjoy the slide and climbing just as much though and think he will get a lot of use out of this thing in the future.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.