Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Look Who Walking Now

It started almost two weeks ago. Out of the blue Elliot and I were sitting in the living room while Erik napped and he just started standing up and stepping. He stood up, took three steps and then sat on his butt. He did this about 5 times in a row, but not enough for me to witness it on film or video. I did IM Carl in excitment and we tried forever to get him to do it again, but it was just the calm before the storm.

Fast forward to last Tuesday. He just started walking. I mean on this day he took about 15 steps and did it over and over again that evening. Carl was home from work when this happened and we had so much joy watching him walk over and over and it is just gotten better from there. On Thursday he started walking across rooms, unsteadily but getting braver and braver.

Now today he is walking about half the time and crawling about half the time. By the time we leave on our vacation in a couple weeks he will definitely be walking more than crawling. Not sure if that is a good thing with all the stairs at the cabin. At least Elliot is use to stairs.

Here is my little man walking down the hall today. He is pretty sick today, but he was still in good spirits as he dashed down the hall towards his mama.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.