Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My morning view

Its our first night in Hawaii on the North Shore. The waves are so loud all of us said we had problems sleeping and they woke us up all night. How many times in your life can you say that?

This morning our whole sleep schedule is messed up and we were all up at 5 am and we're wasting away our morning until we head to the Dole Planation for a train ride. One benefit to being up so early is seeing the sunrise. This morning we were also graced with a gorgeous full moon.

These pictures are the east and west side of the ocean during my 6:30 am photo session. Hopefully I won't be able to catch a moment like this again and will be sleeping, but with my early risers its very doubtful.

120207IMG_2239
The Moon

120207IMG_2245
The Sun

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous!!!!!

    I'm such a sunrise/sunset fanatic. I have never fully seen the sunrise behind the ocean; always wanted to.

    LOVE it.

    Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.