Monday, June 28, 2010

Daddy's Home

One of the times of day I look forward to the most is when Daddy walks in that door after work. From about 5 pm on we have a lot of breakdown and a lot of drama, but most of all a lot of asking for Daddy. For that hour until Daddy comes home Erik keeps checking the window for him, I keep listening for the loud engines sounds of his van and every once in a while I hear a "da da" from Elliot's mouth.

It's no wonder they can't wait for their daddy to get home, because after 10 straight hours with them I am ready for reinforcements and daddy sure knows how to bring it. We are usually right about to eat when he gets home and Erik is usually so excited he can hardly sit still eating dinner and gets up in just a few seconds. We always all finish while Erik runs around in excitement and then it is time to play.


Usually we stay inside, but its summer and so nice outside we took advantage to burn off that extra energy and get some fun daddy time in. Even Elliot who was pretty tired at this point, got him some good daddy cuddles outside. I think outside fun will be better for him once he learns how to walk and isn't crawling on the cement as much.


My favorite is watching my little baby grow up before my eyes. In so many ways he is so much younger than Erik, yet in different ways he is so much older. Today all my boys decided to play "Ring Around The Rosies" and even Elliot got it and joined in full force today.




Elliot's absolute favorite game of all is "This Is How Elliot Rides" and could play it for hours given the chance. Of course Erik always joins in and makes it a duo.

 


Of course the fun must come to an end and the tired eyes rear their ugly heads and it is time to start thinking about bed. Their time oh so short with Daddy.





Reluctantly we all head upstairs for some quiet time or mischief time and this is where our new companion showed up again, puppet. The boys love the puppets and can't get enough each and every time. Good night Daddy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.