Friday, October 14, 2011

Moments of peace

A moment of peace is a moment I wish for everyday. It basically is a moment where my kids play together nicely, with very little fighting and by themselves. Sometimes these moments are just a few minutes in the day and sometimes it lasts for hours. Its what we hope for as parents honestly. For one we want the peace, but also we want our kids to get along and play nicely together. Its not like my kids are not going to fight, I am a realist, but I want them to generally get along.

These days Erik has a wild imagination. He likes to take us on his ride, meaning his mom and dad, since Elliot "can't talk like him yet." There have been moments in there lately where he is finally figuring out ways to engage his brother in a healthy way that doesn't involve me getting mad. Its all part of his new and improved Erik attitude.

I first saw it happening when we were home all day Monday sick. We had been stuck home all weekend, Erik was having a bad asthma attack so when they went for the linens in the closet, why not. It was easy enough to clean up after their mess. It was insanely adorable though because they were pretending like it was bunk bed.


111010IMG_1158

111010IMG_1159


Its funny though because the more time my kids spend apart the better they get along. Erik didn't go to school until Wednesday, but for some reason on this Friday after each having the morning spent with friends, Erik in school and Elliot in gymnastics they came home and were just so happy together.

It started at the lunch table. They were each taking turns eating their lunch and making silly sounds and face while playing each saying "your turn." Then once their lunch was over it quickly turned into a game of animals which I didn't get a picture of, but was adorable.

Have I mentioned that Erik is obsessed with me taking pictures? My camera was upstairs in the office, he spies this chair in the living and tell me to go get my camera to take pictures. So I did and this is what I got. Love my boys, especially when I can get them together.

111014IMG_1167  111014IMG_1169

111014IMG_1177  111014IMG_1178

Then Erik got the brilliant idea of playing cave on the couch. What better idea than to pile on the pillow and  blankets and pretend its a secret cave. I was late putting them down for their naps because they were enjoying themselves so much this afternoon.

111014IMG_1179

111014IMG_1181

111014IMG_1186

111014IMG_1192

111014IMG_1198

111014IMG_1202

111014IMG_1204

111014IMG_1212

111014IMG_1207

The best part is as I type this blog they are still playing this game and singing Halloween songs together. Although they keep handing me a car and asking me to play so I better go before the resort to turning off my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.