Friday, October 28, 2011

Preschool Halloween Carnival

Every year the church where Erik's preschool is located puts on a Halloween Carnival. Its super age appropriate and free so every year we have been attending this preschool, we have gone. This year was even more fun because Elliot "gets" trick or treating this year and understands the value of candy so we not only have one, but two avid trick or treaters on our hands this year.

This year for the boys costume's I just couldn't come up with a theme or was unmotivated to do so since neither boy had a strong opinion, other than Erik wanting to be a skeleton. Then for the last month Elliot kept saying he wanted to be a ghoul for Halloween, but I got him a train costume, so I was in a dilemma. Here is what happened. Erik is a skeleton, for Elliot's costume I decided I didn't like it and just tucked it away and instead he is a train conductor, the same thing Erik was when he was two and its adorable. Honestly watching him wear it again this year makes me happy I am getting a second use out of it.

Carl said all the old people like it because he wasn't a character but just an old fashioned train conductor. I never saw it, but I was with Erik and taking pictures, so I'll take his word for it.

111028IMG_1307

111028IMG_1303

This event is really good practice for the actual event. They got to trick or treat and say their thank you's. Erik wore his mask almost the entire event which is just shocking. I am not sure how he tolerates it honestly.

111028IMG_1308

111028IMG_1311

111028IMG_1312

111028IMG_1313

Then after they are done trick or treating for $10 they can play a ton of games and win all these prizes that aren't candy. It was honestly a bean bag game done in 20 ways, but the boys really enjoyed it and thought it was fun. Elliot was sure adorable and had a really good arm for a two year old.

111028IMG_1326

111028IMG_1329

111028IMG_1334

111028IMG_1324

Lastly there are the friends we saw. We got a picture with almost all of them, and it was fun. Erik kept his mask on the entire the entire time so his friends couldn't figure out who he was until he told them. Its fun because last year he had just started preschool, but this year after being there for a while he has his go to friends who know him and his brother. Its nice having a familiar place for the boys.

111028IMG_1332

111028IMG_1318

111028IMG_1317

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.