Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Yearly Pumpkin Patch

We've barely had anytime to fit in the pumpkin patch this year, but on Sunday we made a point of going. Unfortunately it was almost 100 degrees out there, very crowded and very pricey. I think we're going to keep it simple next year or go very very early.

We only got to go on one ride that day, the train, but we did explore all the free things and eventually pick a pumpkin. Honestly our day lasted all of 40 minutes at this pumpkin patch with tons to do. We just didn't have the patience to shift through the people in the heat. When it was time for lunch we decided to head out instead of eating there. I guess in life you sometimes just have to go with it.

Here are a few of the things we got to do that day.

Run around in a hay maze, which both boys were totally thrilled and perplexed over.

111023IMG_1219

111023IMG_1220

111023IMG_1221

111023IMG_1222

There was a lot of hay to climb all over the place. We did see animals, but nothing captured here.

111023IMG_1224

111023IMG_1226

111023IMG_1229

111023IMG_1245

They also have a lot of play structures you can climb and play in. I tried to get the pumpkin shot again for each boy, but there were too many people that day to make it happen.

111023IMG_1233

111023IMG_1240

Then there are rows and rows of pumpkins and I was not going to leave that day with one of each family member. The boys picked out all our pumpkins, but had just as much fun running through the rows of pumpkins. My rule is that same one my mom use to have. If you can carry it, you can get it. It was pretty cute watching Elliot carry a heavy pumpkin and after about 10 feet he said "Mom I can't carry it," and I didn't have the heart to be strict about the rule so he got a heavy pumpkin.

111023IMG_1247

111023IMG_1241

111023IMG_1236

111023IMG_1232

111023IMG_1231

So although we made the trip short, it was sweet and the boys had fun which is all the counts most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.