Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Girls Turn 3

You are reading my title and thinking to yourself, but Heather only has boys, why would she care if some girls turned 3 years old. Well here is the story, Erik has had the same group of friend, a bunch of girls I meet at mommy & me, when he was 4 months old. Four of the girls in our playgroup are all born in June two days apart from each other, on the 10-16. So every year instead of having to go to 4 different birthday parties, one or two of my friends have a birthday party for their child and then we do a group celebration for everyone. This year was special because the girls were 3 and they actually understood what it meant to get presents and birthday cake.


It was pure chaos at this party. We have definitely multiplied as a group even though it is the same people every year. About half of us have two kids and it just seems like pure chaos when we are together. I tried for about 15 frames to get just a picture of the girls in their new heeled shoes. There were additional children in every shot. Somehow I did come away with this picture, the one and only of the girls.


This party was a bit of a challenge for Erik. My friend Tracy kept saying poor Erik and I just didn't understand and wasn't empathetic enough and then I saw the look on his face. He was so sad to see all of his friends getting presents while he had to watch. He has been to a lot of birthday parties recently so I thought this would be fine, but I think since it was his closest friends getting presents and so many of them, he took it really hard.



Erik did get a cupcake, and I might add that he was the ONLY child to eat the entire thing. I wish I had a child who didn't have a crazy sweet tooth, would make my life much easier. He waited by the door for those cupcakes as soon as they arrived. He REALLY REALLY wanted them.



If you are wondering why there were no pictures of Elliot, it is because he was hysterical the entire party and wouldn't let me set him down. I was holding him and taking pictures the entire time. I looked for just one glimpse of him in any pictures. It just didn't exist. Sorry kid I wanted you to get some pictures with your friend William.

Here are the girls the first year we celebrated. Molly was missing from this party, but it is amazing to see how much they changed since one years old. I pretty sure Erik is not in this circle and the pictures because he was 10 months old at the time and I didn't want him to have cake. So no cool cake shot of all fo them. I don't have pictures from their second birthday, since I had a 2 month old I was a little out of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.