Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I thought the pool experience deserved its own post, but we had a pretty eventual and fun Memorial Day weekend. We spent Saturday at home. Erik got to go to his third birthday party in a row. Unfortunately I forgot my flash card for my camera so no pictures of the party. Erik did get to sit on a motorcycle and someone did take a picture. One day I might get an email with that image... not holding my breath since most people are not photography obsessed like myself.

We started off our weekend at Grandma's with yet another birthday party. Erik's second birthday cake of the weekend. Grandpa's birthday was on Wednesday so it was our belated celebration. Both boys were very excited for birthday cake, even Elliot who now gets occasional bites since he turned one. I would not give it to him at all, but since he is very observant about food it is unavoidable.


Here are both boys staring down the cake anxiously awaiting their first bites.


Our first of many tastes of birthday cake over this weekend. We had a lot of leftovers and the kids really got to indulge unfortunately. I think Erik needs to take a sugar break very very soon. Unfortunately we have a birthday party we are invited to every single weekend this month. So not sure when that will be.
 




Early on Monday morning we headed out to the Oak View Memorial Day parade. It was absolutely adorable and extremely homespun. Erik even got to drive in the parade in Grandpa's Model A.





After our big morning the boys went to their grandparents to nap and I convinced Carl that we needed to look and test drive some cars so when a private seller showed up on craigslist we would be able to know exactly what car we wanted. Well of course we found a great car at a great price and ended up buying it. So we had to say good-bye to our good old Escape, the car I brought Elliot home from the hospital in.


After a long afternoon at the dealership we took everyone out to pizza as a thank you for babysitting. We love Ojai pizza, although I have to admit I am getting sick of it because we go there every time we visit.  The first picture is just an image of the pizza pan. We accidentally ordered just enough pizza and had no leftover and no chance to overstuff ourselves on pizza.


 




Oh let's not forget to include the picture of mama, so this weekend is not entirely motherless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.