Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First Swim Of The Season

This memorial day weekend we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house since we hadn't seen them in a while. They had been on vacation the last couple of weeks in the Mediterranean and Erik was missing them like crazy and asking about going over to their house everyday. So we headed over there hoping the weather would be nice enough for a swim. It has been cold the last couple of weeks. Luckily the weather cooperated and we were able to take a dip both days.

This was our first swim since our trip to Palm Springs. When we got there Erik kept telling us he didn't want to go in the pool and insisted he wasn't interested. I put on his swim suit just in case.


After a bit of persuasion we convinced him to dip his feel in the water and try it out. Reluctantly he agreed, but I have to give him credit, at least he tried it.


Since he was missing Grandma so much lately she was able to convince him to test out the pool. He wasn't too sure about it at first, but eventually he warmed up to the idea of the big pool.




We then put on the floaties and he became a fish in the water. He absolutely loved swimming after that. We couldn't take him away from Grandma the entire time, he just wanted to spend time with her and that's it.




Elliot was sleeping this whole time and I was waiting on the sidelines taking pictures and checking on him since we didn't have a monitor. Eventually the very sleepy baby woke up and headed into the pool himself. This guy was a natural and was a fish in the water instantly. He loved being in the pool.




The only thing about Elliot is that we couldn't get him to stay in the baby float. He climbed out instantly. Erik stayed in this thing forever and loved it at this age. Just shows you have different your children are from one another.


My favorite Elliot moments were of him jumping off the edge. He was really brave and did it very well. I couldn't be prouder of my little athlete.

 

The boys playing with each other in the pool, or playing as much as they can while a parent is holding them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.