Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy BIrthday dear sweet Elle Belly

Today mark's Elliot's second birthday. A landmark more for us parents than Elliot himself. Its a symbol of surviving two years of parenthood which is amazing with kids so close in age. My hand goes out to anyone who has multiple kids under 3 at the same time, its hard! So Elliot sings happy birthday and knows in little ways this day is for him, but until the moment he completely takes it over I am taking a second to give Carl and I a high five for making it one more year as parents of two.

This year has been so much fun with two boys. Elliot is growing and asserting his independence, but does it in his quiet, sweet, reserved way that is all Elliot. He is such a good natured boy and is showing lots of interest in animals, cars and trains his three favorite things. He is growing in his speech and his physical confidence and everyday his body is developing to look like his daddy. I strongly suspect he will be as tall as his dad one day.

His terrible 2s are not so terrible and he is turning into a cuddly boy with a strong desire to love and be loved by all that surround him. His relationship with his brother is growing strong as they fight and as they play and I love watching them enjoy each other's company.

So happy birthday my dear sweet Elliot, I hope we made this day as special for you as we could and I can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with you.

110419IMG_7783

110419IMG_7778

110419IMG_7776

Shopping for Elliot's birthday was an adventure this year. I decided to take Erik along to help me pick some things out since I wasn't sure what to get him. Erik was excited to give Elliot his presents, but kept the secret for the day he had too and was gracious in letting Elliot decided if he could play with the toys. Well as gracious as a three year old can be.

110419IMG_7767

110419IMG_7764

110419IMG_7760

110419IMG_7756

I knew these would be the favorite toys when Erik picked them out. Definitely the biggest hit of the night.

110419IMG_7787  

110419IMG_7789

Here are the details of the day. Homemade cupcakes a tad over baked since I didn't hear the timer, but delicious. A practice round for this weekend. Thanks to my friend for letting me borrowing her frosting decorator, it worked perfectly!!

110419IMG_7748

Last, but not least the presents in old Christmas paper because that is how I role.

110419IMG_7755

Happy Birthday Elliot, we all love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.