Saturday, April 2, 2011

A visit to Travel Town

When Carl and I were thinking back to when we last went to travel town, it was over 9 months ago and Elliot wasn't even walking yet. At the time I am not sure if Elliot even knew what a train was or cared much about going. Today was definitely a different experience for us.

The first difference is that we were able to ditch the stroller which gave us a whole new level of freedom. Next is the excitement from Elliot. It almost makes me wish I planned his second birthday at Travel Town because he was so excited to visit this place. He just kept running from train car to train car yelling "train" over and over from the moment we got there. It was like the very first time we went there, seeing it through his eyes.

110402IMG_7075

110402IMG_7046

110402IMG_7050

110402IMG_7066

110402IMG_7071

110402IMG_7086

It was fun watching Elliot discover. He is breaking away from his daddy obsession and exploring more on his own and accepting me more in public, there is definite growth happening in this child. Erik, well he has been here a lot and remembers it a lot and remembers it with friends so all he wanted to do was go to the store and get a new toy. He did enjoy himself looking at the trains and discovering it in a new way. I think at some point he caught on to his brothers excitement, it was pretty contagious.

110402IMG_7083  110402IMG_7091

110402IMG_7116

110402IMG_7059

Then because I thought we had missed the last train and I was ready to go to dinner, I could tell the boys were hungry too, so I told Carl we should call it a day, then we saw someone purchasing a ticket for the train. Its a good exit strategy to go on the train and go home, so we boarded once again. What I didn't anticipate in all the baggage of my day is just how excited Elliot would be about the train ride. The smiles and bouncing up and down in his seat were so contagious all my tiredness melted away from the day as I watched my little boy enjoy this train ride. Oh and Erik enjoyed it too, but not in the same "its my first train ride" kind of way. We talked about all the trains through the ride and named them after Thomas characters. It was fun in its own 3.5 year old way.

110402IMG_7133

110402IMG_7136

110402IMG_7129

110402IMG_7128

110402IMG_7124  110402IMG_7126

This picture doesn't have a story I just think it is funny because it is typical Elliot these days. He has to do what he his brother does, and if he doesn't get his way the whine and tears come in full force. Just loving two these day.

110402IMG_7072

Here are some of my other favorites from the day. I think my biggest lesson is to remember to look at a situation through the innocence of my two year old's eyes. I might learn something new about myself, I definitely learned something new about them, but it also just helped me to appreciate the moment by just letting go. A pretty good afternoon for two boys who have been stuck at home sick most of the week.

110402IMG_7096

110402IMG_7098

110402IMG_7105  110402IMG_7107

110402IMG_7094

110402IMG_7138

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to go there with you guys on our next Cali visit

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.