Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sneak Preview

I have been talking about how I need to work on this project for weeks, but finally my new desk is up, I have my double monitors in action and I am out of excuses. So today during naps I sat down and just started working on it, Elliot's one year old photobook when inspiration hit. Usually I use backgrounds and fun colors to supplement my work, but I really like my photography. I mean I am very very proud of it.

For this year of Elliot's life most of our moments I captured are with my camera and my critical eye and my book is starting to look fantastic. Since I love the photography and the moments I captured so much I decided to let the photos lead the book. So I ditched fancy fonts, background, colors and the such and just went with great big photos.

My background is in graphic design so I can't help myself. All images, text and headers need to be uniform. So in my books you will see two fonts and a couple different colors and that's it. It works for me because I like to keep it simple. In case you are wondering about the technical stuff, I design all my books in InDesign and then export it to jpg. I print them on Shutterfly, but am not married to that service, I just trust the quality.

So here is a sneak preview of what I got done just this afternoon while all the boys were napping.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.