Monday, March 14, 2011

Soccer Shots

I already blasted these pictures all over Facebook, but I wanted to create a blog for prosperity sake so here is a quick post about soccer. There are no soccer leagues in our area, but one of the mom's had her oldest go through this program and then started it up for us. It is an organization that mostly does soccer with daycares and preschools but we got them to come out for all of our 3 year olds.

The coaches are wonderful and really know how to handle and act with the kids. I couldn't be happier with them and Erik is really responding to it. I was a bit worried because we tried daddy & me soccer when he was 2.5 and he hated it. He never participated and just wanted to go home. I was worried, but this time he knows almost every single kid on the team which I think helped and he is just more physical than he was back then. It could be his asthma medicine, it could be his age, but he is just more active than he has ever been and definitely liking the boys more now.

Here is a little glimpse at a typical soccer practice for Erik and all his team mates.

They start off with a warm up run like you are suppose to do with any sport and all the kids actually run!



Then they do their warm up stretches and its funny with all these kids trying to figure out their stretches.



Last the kids run drills which they pay attention to most of the time, but I often have to remind Erik to speak up and take his turn. Today I noticed that a parent spoke up for him since I was walking back from the park with Elliot and didn't notice. So its nice to be in a group with parents I know because we watch out for each other's children.

  



Here is Erik and his buddies that are in the same preschool class as him. I love watching him recognize these people outside of the preschool setting.


Soccer is just adorable when it involved 3 year old really trying and actually doing well.

 




If you were wondering how I manage two kids and soccer, well Elliot is around usually trying to join in the soccer practice. On this day I distracted him with squirrels and slowly he is learning that he can't participate just yet, next year, but we are one year away.



1 comment:

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.