Sunday, March 13, 2011

Staying Home

Although we hardly leave the house during the afternoons on weekdays it is very rare that we spend an entire day just hanging out at home. There are always birthday parties, places to visit, grandma's house to see among our many other stops. This weekend we had no plans and kept it that way on purpose. So today minus a trip to Home Depot we just hung out at home and did family things.

This morning I started it off with a craft. I thought I would give painting and crafting one more chance with Erik. I thought I was onto something because he was super excited to make a ladybug, but when it came time to glue on the pieces it was a different story. He just wasn't interested and stopped half way through. Not sure if it was the timing or boredom or what, but we didn't finish. Elliot just went with it, but I could tell this project wasn't really his speed yet.





Erik's final ladybug
After our naps we just hung out at home. Lately the boys have been getting into our "Harry Potter Closet" or the closet under the stairs and Erik developed a fascination for all the sports equipment so today daddy thought he would try a bit of baseball. Its fun looking at these pictures because I saw immediately what Erik was doing wrong.


 

Then while Erik and daddy were inside playing I got out the bubbles and decided to try them with Elliot. He threw an instant tantrum and wanted to blow them himself so I got my old dirty canister so he could try just that. Then I brought out a fly swatter for him to try bubbles that way. Then I thought to myself, what a great birthday theme since Elliot LOVES bubbles. So it is looking like a bubble themed birthday party for birthday number 2 for Mr. Elliot.




 

I am not sure what it is about this day, but it seems very long even though we lost an hour. My times are all messed up and I am just waiting for bed to happen. I think it might be because on weekends at home we usually head to my brothers in the afternoon to help with distractions. So right now my boys are watching one tv show because I couldn't entertain them anymore and they would fight if I stopped. Waiting for that witching hour tonight. Also I wanted to show off Erik's cool train set in his room that he is currently obsessed with. I can actually be downstairs with Elliot and let him be alone and play with this and trust him. This is big for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.