Friday, August 27, 2010

Erik Starts Preschool

One of the things about being a SAHM is that it takes a while before your kids starts school. I have been religious about going to mommy and me programs with both my kids, but its not the same as dropping them off and leaving them at school without you. Although I have been anticipating this moment for a really long time, I am excited yet sad at the same time. He doesn't technically start school for another week, but we have open houses and meeting at his preschool until then so he is going every day with mommy until he starts on Sept. 7th.

Well this week was his first time back at preschool since we visited it last February. He has changed so much since then it was hard to know how he would be with the other children and how he would interact in the environment. Thursday was our "meet the teacher" day. Basically we went with him to his classroom got to tell the teachers all about our child, learn about the process and basically introduce Erik to school.

It went better than I could have imagined it. Erik LOVED meeting his teachers, they were so nice and he responded very nicely to them. We met in groups of two and there was one other boy in the room with us. It is funny because the mom's name was Heather and she had two boys the exact same age as my two boys. I see a future friendship for sure!! Anyway Erik played really well with the other little boy in the room and then when we went outside and played really nicely with all the other kids. He also got introduced to the potty and they have urinals and he went no problem. All my potty fears of Erik and preschool are gone when I saw the facilities.

Anyway I left that school with such a good feeling and knew that he was going to be at the right school for him. There are 7 boys and 3 girls in his class so I know he is going to get the male interaction he really needs in school. He walked away from there excited to start and excited about all the toys. So now instead of feeling nervous about preschool I am really excited for him to start and have that time away from us and alone.

(no pictures as I keep forgetting my camera everywhere lately!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.