Monday, August 30, 2010

Getting my creative on...

I am determined to finished all the photo books I have planned. I need to create one for Erik and Elliot's first year, Erik's second year and then start creating pages for their current years. That is 5 books!! So there should be nothing stopping me from working on Erik's 2nd year. I have all the images sorted, an idea of what I want to include and I already started creating.

It was Erik's birthday so I stopped creating for a little bit. Then we had the heat wave and I was EXHAUSTED and was in bed early everyday and had no energy to create at night. Amazing we are having gorgeous weather in the 70s right now and go figure, I created 10 new pages in the last couple of days. It is really fun to organize, look at images, and just create something.

Here is a sneak preview of the pages I have finished the last couple of days. These are two-page spreads. So you are looking at two, 12 inch pages.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.