Monday, August 9, 2010

Portraits of the boys

When I was on vacation I had extra hands to be photo assistants so I brought some cute outfits and decided to do portraits of the boys. I basically needed some new images for my living room wall that kind of went together so have been meaning to reshoot them for ages.

Here is what my living room wall will look like with my pictures in case you are never able to come to my house and see.


Also Erik is turning three the end of this month and I really needed to get some 3-year-old portraits done for him. I don't like going to Sears or some studio like that when I can really just create those images myself and better. The only problem is finding the motivation myself to actually shoot them. It is hard to be stylist, photographer, photo assistant all at once so I appreciated having Carl's help when I shot these.

The location for a lot of these images are pretty special. I shot a lot at Sundog which is a pretty special place in Carl's family and a place I really enjoy going to myself. I dread that we have to spend so many vacation there, but the price is right especially with small kids. So I am happy that I was able to get Erik's 3-year-old pictures at Lake Sundog.

  



These images were taken at a park near my friend's Mike and Traci's house. The place is pretty neat with lots of photo opportunities, but it was flooded that day so hard to navigate and keep the boys clean. Also it was super humid and my kids are not use to that so we had A LOT of tears that day.

  



 



Also, here are some cute pictures of Elliot because I needed some on my wall and haven't been able to get one I like.

  



  


Last but not least, here are all the outtakes of images of both boys. It is impossible to get these kids to sit still, smile and look at the camera at the same time. Especially since Elliot was stressed out on vacation most of the time and unhappy. I did get a couple that worked though.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.