Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The music lives on

It all started with a garage sale. After Erik's soccer practice him and daddy went to a few garage sales and found a guitar stand. As soon as they got home Erik demanded to be shown how it was used and then it started, the music, plays on.


Now I will admit that Carl isn't the greatest guitar player, but he gets the job done and to a 1 year old and 2 year old it is pure imagination and fascination. All they want to do the entire time is touch it and figure out how the music is coming out.




Of course for every musician there needs to be a dance floor and the box our joovy came in, served as the perfect stage for dancing. Oh and sippy cup picture had to be included.


Although Carl only knew one song by heart and played it over and over, he was a good sport and let the exploration of this instrument not dampen his playing and let the kids be fascinated.



By the looks of this picture, I wonder if Erik is going to be a rock star lead singer some day? He certain has the self serving attitude down right now so it might be a perfect fit. I think Elliot looks more like the classical musician type. Man, I am bad type casting my children already.




As with everything, when Erik decides he is done with an activity and still wants our attention, the music must end. This time it was with his new book from Uncle Justin. He loves this story and acting like his is going to the hospital for a broken bone. Oh imagination, such fun when you are almost 3 years old. Never grow up Erik, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.