Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sunny Days

The weather has been so warm and beautiful the last couple of days I really have wanted to take advantage of the water toys we got for Elliot's birthday. I am having some problems executing as usual. Erik has been sick and refuses to go outside and then when Elliot is up while Erik is napping, I use that as relaxing time instead of water time for Elliot. So there has been very little pool. As a matter of fact my pool sat with water in it for two days before I decided to empty it today because the water was too old and dirty. Of course when I was emptying it the boys finally decided it was time to play and enjoy the pool. I think I need to start being a little more reactive about these outdoor water activities, but it is hard to argue with a very determined 2-year-old who doesn't want to go outside.



Once the pool was empty today I decided to fill up one of the pockets with balls and the kids had a blast playing with them and throwing them out. Especially Elliot whose favorite games is droppsies right now. Throwing balls out of the pool was perfect fun.

Two days ago while Erik was in a decent mood and Elliot was sleeping I did get him to play with the water table. Again my timing was just not right on this one and it was a quick visit followed by lunch and a early nap. Erik has been sick all week so I can't seem to get my timing right for any activity. Also I decided to start putting him down an hour earlier which seems to be helping with naps, crankiness, and bedtime.






In the middle of all this water fun is of course food. The kitchen table seems to be a place of activity for us. Every single meal me and the boys sit at our dining room table and eat. It is very rare that I let Erik eat at his play table. It is just an easy way for us to sit, pause for a moment, reflect on our activities or our interest and just talk. I am not sure how people don't have family meals because I eat with my children at least two times a day and there is so much cuteness and deliciousness that goes on during that time. It is definitely a place of activity in our family. The kitchen always seems to be the center of all the action in all my homes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.