Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spring Swim

Today I finally hustled the boys out the door with many words of "no" from Erik and headed towards the pool outside. Erik said he wanted to be inside and I told him he doesn't have to go in the pool, but Elliot is going to play in the pool so you have to be outside, and welcomed him to join us anytime. Go figure, he went in the pool.





Erik just thought the pool was ok and wanted me to get in with him. Not sure what I would do in the pool and I had no bathing suit on so I politely declined. Elliot on the other hand dived right in. I am seriously surprised by my Aries child. He is suppose to hate the water, but this guy seems to be born to be in the water. He has no fear about crawling through it at breakneck speed to dipping his face right in it. I still have never seen Erik dunk his face in the water.

 


Elliot amazes me everyday because he is a master crawler. So often people who are not around him get nervous when they see Elliot crawling off the steps in our backyard, but this guy really knows about to maneuver when he crawls. If I stopped him everytime I would be exhausted. The entire time he was in the pool he would crawl from one end to the other and then crawl over the lip. At one point I stepped around the edge of the pool and out of the way of some weeds in our backyard to administer Erik. Elliot imitated my moves perfectly in a crawl, and I have no idea how he does it. This guy has mad crawling skills so no surprise that he isn't walking yet.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Heather

My photo
I am a Los Angles based photographer and mom of 2 wonderful boys. Photography has been a passion of mine over 15 years now, ever since I picked up my first camera in journalism school and started developing my black and whites in a darkroom. The instant an affordable DSLR came out on the market in 2002, I had to have one and have been shooting digital since. Once I became a mom I realized how much I enjoy photographing children and how much better I could understand their nuances so it became a passion of mine. Their is such innocence and beauty in their pictures and I feel privileged to be a part of that. I am constantly trying new approaches and tuning my skills to create the art that is in my head, not just the art that I can create right now. I am very interested in off camera flash, and the depth and clarity it adds to my photographs. Sometimes I take breaks from my blog and photography, but it seems to never leave me completely. I always come back.